petak, 6. kolovoza 2010.

Milan, part 1



It's been 30 years since my first and last visit to Milan. My first trip abroad as a student when I went to visit a friend who was studying in Lugano .. I remember like it was yesterday. Almost every day we went to Milan by train and went shopping (Lugano is in Switzerland, which was then and still is a lot more expensive than Italy), and on the way we visited some historical places.

But you know how it is when you're young. You have completely different priorities, and everything you see, visit or experience has a completely different dimension with 18 than with, OOPS, 50. As soon as I got a chance to visit it again I couldn't resist, I needed literally one minute to decide.
Wherever I go, when I get back home, memories feel so alive, that for a moment it seems to me that I could return to a place in my mind and feel like I'm there exactly.

 Somehow I always believe everything I passed or touched always remains in me, but also believe that small part of me stays there forever (everywhere I leave my DNA) and lives a life independent of my being. Maybe because of that feeling I decided so quickly to go back, maybe it was an opportunity to meet one part of my youth, like my own Proust's "In search of lost time".




Cities are like people, each has its two sides, its color, taste, smell, personality, and change just as we do.
At the first sight I realized that neither I nor Milan are no longer the same, we do not know each other anymore, it's been a long time.
I decided to replace a nostalgic moment with the present and let it be. Time can't be restored, old memories should be left to sleep, and the city and myself should get a chance to create some new memories that will be remembered in the future.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar