utorak, 6. svibnja 2014.

Frankfurt am Main

 "Mainhattan" at night 
Euro center
Here I am, after a long time my "hibernation" has passed and I continue to write a scrapbook from my travels. So at the beginning of November we went on a trip to Frankfurt.
Frankfurt am Main known as Frankfurt, is the largest city in the German state of Hesse and the fifth-largest city in Germany, with a population of about 700.000.  Frankfurt is the largest financial center in continental Europe and ranks among the world's leading financial centers. It is home to the European Central Bank, Deutsche Bundesbank, Frankfurt Stock
Exchange and several large commercial banks. A unique feature of Frankfurt is its significant number of skyscrapers and high-rise buildings in the city center. Frankfurt is one of only a few cities in the European Union that have a skyline, the others being London, Milan, Warsaw, Madrid, Rotterdam and La Défense in the outer Paris region. Because of the city's skyline, Germans sometimes refer to Frankfurt as "Mainhattan" :).



Previously written is a fact, but the real reason for my trip to Frankfurt is... well I wanted to pass through its famous large airport, to see how traffic works there, how far from the center the airport is located... all because of my future planned trips to other continents.
When we arrived to the center a pleasant surprise!
City impressed me, not with its beauty, even though there are nice places, but the atmosphere that is difficult to describe with words, but I'll try: nice people, good beer :), wonderful little restaurants with good food, cakes, shopping .... everything at very reasonable prices,

shopping on the Zeil





Photos by: ilovetravels


although I have read somewhere, before departure, that Frankfurt was one of the most expensive cities in Germany.
I don't know, to me, everything was very acceptable.

Follows a stroll around the city, see you!





Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar