ponedjeljak, 19. siječnja 2015.

Christmas Carols - Trafalgar Square 2014



Last year I told you, through the posts on my blog, my experience of London. I don't have much to add. This time I wanted to see this wonderful city dressed in Christmas. We pretty much walked the same paths. Of course that London is a city that one can't see in three times as much as I was there, one should stay a little longer, but this time even if I wanted  I couldn't go far from the path that I'm familiar with.
In fact on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day almost everything is closed. The most difficult thing is that at the Christmas public transport doesn't work at all, and the work of the restaurants is limited so it's not easy to find a place to rest and have lunch. But put aside all, the reason why I came to London for Christmas come true. I wanted to experience singing Christmas Carol in Trafalgar Square where there's a tree that is a gift from the people of Norway to London to say thank you for Britain's support during World War II. This historic tradition is happening every year since in 1947. When I heard about this custom of singing Christmas Carol, I thought it was some kind of organized singing with choirs and music, however, it's even more beautiful. I was touched to the heart and I was very happy to be a part of it.
See this short movie from YouTube (it's mine and me, my daughter and her boyfriend were singing while my husband was making this, happy, happy  :)).


 

1 komentar:

  1. Hey great post, I truly enjoyed reading it! Thanks for the cool informative post. Saskatoon Hotels

    OdgovoriIzbriši