četvrtak, 29. travnja 2010.

Stockholm, part 4

After the Arena Globe Sky View we went to the Vasa Museum which is something you definitely shouldn't miss on seeing and up until now I've never seen such a place anywhere I've been. A ship that was sunk 300 years ago restored and displayed in a museum built solely to follow it's shape and tell it's story. Absolutely fantastic!








Nordiska Museum, hmmm I do not know what to say... The building is quite beautiful seen from the outside and the inside. I can't really tell how interesting this would be for someone. Since it is right next to Vasa Museum I'd advise you to walk in and take a look through the beautiful interior. Tickets to both museums are also included in the Stockholm Card.






Since the weather served us well, we could not miss the opportunity to see the inside of the "Louvre" of Stockholm - The National Museum where an exhibition of Rubens and Van Dyke was displayed (I've seen it last year in Brussels). I can't really find many words for since these great pieces of art always leave me speechless. One can simply watch and enjoy.













Of all the museums that we have set as our priority to visit(something must be left for another time) we were supposed to visit the Nobel Museum. Beautiful, modern and well designed interior of the old buildings in Gamla Stan that everyone should see.
If you take a look at the ceiling you will notice series of Nobel prize award winner photos going in two directions. Below them there are boards with names of the winners sorted by decades.
If you have enough time on your hands, try studying the contents of each museum and you might find your favorite. I certainly have.




















Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar